Apply by 12:00pm on Friday 20th May 2022
Want to pursue a career in music and live events?
Future Crew is a partnership between Neko Trust and Gallowglass. We are joining forces to develop the next generation of live event production professionals.
Future Crew will offer a FREE training programme in live music event production led by Neko's industry professionals in South West London, focusing on Tour Management, Production Management, Live Sound Engineering, Backline and Live Event Special Effects.
Future Crew participants will also gain PAID WORK EXPERIENCE with the award-winning crewing company Gallowglass, also based locally,
WHO CAN APPLY?
No previous live events or music industry experience is required and we encourage applications from individuals of any background, ethnicity or gender. We are particularly looking to support those who are not in employment and in receipt of Universal Credit. Please apply if:
- You are 19 - 30 years old with an interest in live music, touring, production & live events
- You are claiming Universal Credit or are not in education, employment or training
- You are able and willing to do physically demanding work i.e loading, unloading & set up of equipment including scaffolds for live events.
- You are open to working around the clock- this is not a 9-5 job and events happen 365 days a year / 24/7.
- You are open to working weekends. (There will be some weekend work).
- You have the right to work in the UK
- You have access to Public Transport
- You are punctual (Gallowglass operates a 3 strike policy).
- We welcome applicants who have lived experience of the justice system.
WHAT DOES FUTURE CREW OFFER?
- Free Industry Knowledge covering live events and touring production delivered by Neko Trust
- Paid Workplace Experience in Event Crewing with Gallowglass (starting pay in London of £11.82 + £1.43 holiday pay = £13.25 p/h)
- Skills & Training with industry recognised qualifications
- Career Development sessions with personalised task-setting, interview practice, CV writing, peer review and feedback
- Mentoring from Gallowglass’s Crew Chiefs and Neko Trust's industry professionals
- Employment Pathways and opportunities to progress into paid event crewing and touring
- Production roles
FUTURE CREW KEY DATES
- Programme Dates: Tuesday 14th June - Tuesday 30th August 2022
- Interview Dates: Thursday 26th May 2022 AND Friday 27th May 2022
- Induction Day: Tuesday 14th June 2022
Running Tuesday 14th June until Tuesday 30th August 2022, Future Crew will run daytimes across a typical Monday-Friday week. Gallowglass paid crew work will be varied hours and days.
*Completion of the programme will lead to guaranteed employment as Event Crew with Gallowglass and clear progression opportunities in the live music sector.
Please email Sarah-Nell at [email protected]